Job Opportunities : Lillooet Area Library Association
Application Deadline Extended.
Due to the fact there was a typo in the email address. The correct address is now below.
Friday Jan 17th. 3:00pm
Adult Literacy Program Coordinator
We are seeking a well-organized, compassionate individual who can coordinate the Community Adult Literacy Program at the Lillooet Public Library. Our program goal is to help adults in Lillooet develop essential literacy, numeracy, and digital skills to achieve their personal goals. We provide English as an Additional language services for new Canadians. Our program serves adult learners from all walks of life, including people who may have a range of barriers to learning.
This position is a yearly contract, funded through the BC Ministry of Advanced Education.
21 hours a week, flexible schedule
Supervised by the Library Director
- The design and delivery of individual and small group programs that support the development of strong literacy, math or computer skills, including clients with English as an additional language
- Consultation and partnership building with other agencies to design and deliver effective literacy programs
- Promotion of the program and recruitment of clients
- Client assessment, record keeping and reporting
- Supervision and support of program volunteers
Post-secondary diploma/degree in adult education or equivalent employment and life experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong organizational/time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, define measurable objectives, outcomes and meet timelines,
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Internet, and general office equipment,
- Current Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening,
- Current Drivers License and reliable vehicle.
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience successfully teaching adults,
- Experience in client advocacy,
- Knowledge of St’át’imc culture, history and current governance,
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills,
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills,
- Knowledge of other service agencies and ability to network to create and maintain partnerships.
Please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Toby Mueller, Library Director at email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday January 17th at 3pm
We appreciate your interest, but will contact only those candidates who will be interviewed.