Job Opportunities : Lillooet Area Library Association
Adult Literacy Program Volunteer Coordinator
Duration: October 29, 2018 to May 31, 2019. 10 hours per week.
Wage: $22.00 to $25.00/hr depending on experience.
The Lillooet Adult Literacy Outreach Program provides tutoring for adults who want to increase their reading, writing, communication, and basic digital literacy skills. It is an accessible program, designed to increase the literacy skills, personal self-esteem, and self-confidence of adult learners. We help connect clients to services and programs to take the next steps in their education.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work in a team environment, with the Adult Literacy Program Coordinator, Literacy Outreach Coordinator and Library Director.
- In cooperation with team explore and assess program development options, research other funding streams to continue the program, and assist in preparing grant applications.
- Recruit, train, support and retain volunteers to work with program clients in three streams: English as an Additional Language (EAL) conversation, basic reading and writing and digital literacy.
- Conduct outreach activities to promote program to clients and volunteers.
- Design and conduct entry and exit surveys for both volunteers and clients.
- Plan volunteer and client appreciation event to celebrate program success.
- Education and/ or experience in Adult Education in informal settings.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong digital literacy.
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience being a volunteer and working in volunteer based organizations.
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers.
- Knowledge of Lillooet area community organizations, strong networking skills and ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrated empathy, kindness, and creativity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues and barriers facing adult learners.
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle.
Deadline for application: October 26, 2018.
Resume and cover letter can be submitted to:
Toby Mueller Library Director
or delivered to the Lillooet Public Library.