Job Opportunities : Lillooet Area Library Association
Canada Summer Jobs at the Lillooet Public Library
Two positions are available at the Library beginning July 2nd, and ending August 30th 2019. These positions as Literacy Leaders are for 8 weeks at 30 hours per week.
The successful applicant will be part of a team that will:
- design and deliver the Summer Reading Club program
- design and deliver literacy games at the Apricot /Ts’aqwem Festival
- assist in the Library as required
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge of local ecology, animals, history and cultures
- Strong expressive reading skills
- Good communication and team work skills
- Imagination, creativity and enthusiasm for stories and games
- Experience creating and delivering children’s programs
Applicants must between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age, be a citizen of Canada or have refugee or permanent residence status.
Wage: $13.90/hour plus 4% holiday pay
Application and cover letter can be left at the Lillooet Public Library front desk or mailed to: Toby Mueller, Library Director PO Box 939, Lillooet, BC, V0K 1V0 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until June 10th
Only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Funding for these positions made possible by Employment and Social Development Canada.