Job Opportunities : Lillooet Area Library Association
Summer Reading Club Leader
Two positions are available at the Library beginning July 2nd, and ending August 24th 2018
These positions as Literacy Leaders are for 8 weeks at 30 hours per week.
The successful applicant will be part of a team that will:
- design and deliver the Summer Reading Club program
- design and deliver literacy games at the Apricot /Ts’aqwem Festival
- assist in the Library as required
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge of local ecology, animals, history and cultures
- Strong expressive reading skills
- Good communication and team work skills
- Imagination, creativity and enthusiasm for stories and games
- Experience creating and delivering children’s programs
Funding for this position is provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 and currently be full time students, intending to return to school in the fall as full time students. You must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a refugee.
Wage: $12.50/hour plus 4% holiday pay
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
You can drop your resume off at the Library or mailed to: Toby Mueller, Library Director PO Box 939, Lillooet, BC, V0K 1V0
or email: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until May 21st 2018.
Only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.